Return from Vacation, organizedby Kerri Colombo on 02/19/17
Returning from vacation & dreading all the stuff coming back into the house & creating chaos? Here are some tips:
If Traveling with Kids:
1) If you are traveling with kids, about 10 minutes before you arrive home, have them turn off their devices, and start putting all their activities back in their activity bag, putting snacks away & collecting garbage (give them a spare bag).
2) Set the expectation for the family - when we get home, we'll work as a team to unload the car and get everything put where it belongs.
3) Be specific with the kids - tell each child what they are expected to accomplish, one thing at a time. example: When we get in the house, please put away all your winter gear, hang up your coats and put your boots away.
4) When they finish, assign another specific expectation: please empty the Activity Bag and put away each activity in it's proper place. When they run off and get distracted... Ask them to come back, and remind them of the specific task they are expected to complete.
Whether Traveling with Kids or not:
1) Bring suitcases/luggage directly to the laundry room.
2) Put darks directly in the wash.
3) Make piles of whites & towels, ready to go in.
4) Empty the suitcase pockets & put away items where they belong.
5) Empty your toiletry kit and put items away.
6) Put your suitcases back in your storage area.
7) Empty smaller travel and food bags, putting away where things belong.
You'll be cleaned up within the hour, laundry on it's way to clean... and now you can relax without the stress of still having to clean up from vacation.
Enjoy your home!